Plant Insurance Claims Procedures
Claims (possible or actual) must be reported as soon as is practicable and Theft losses are reported to the Police
In addition, the following procedures must be followed in the event of a claim:
The Customers’ Responsibilities
- At the time of discovery of loss or damage to the hired equipment, the hirer must immediately notify you, the hire company, of the date, time, location and brief details of the circumstances of the loss and also the details of any other party involved.
- If the loss involves Theft, Malicious Damage or Riot, the appropriate Police Authority must also be notified by the hirer immediately and a crime or log number obtained by the hirer and provided forthwith to the hire company.
- A Claim Form must be completed by both the hirer and you the hire company. Ensure that this is signed by both parties before forwarding it to Hallsdale Commercial Insurance Brokers Ltd.
Your Responsibilities as the hire company
- Upon receiving notification of a potential or actual loss, you must advise Hallsdale Commercial Insurance Brokers Ltd by telephone or email
- Hallsdale Commercial Insurance Brokers Ltd will then provide you with all relevant advice
- You and the hirer should take all reasonable efforts to preserve any damaged or defective property (and relevant photographs taken as required) that might support the claim and / or be required to be examined by Insurers, Loss Adjusters or their representatives
- Appropriate supporting documentation must be provided as soon as possible. This should include:
- Original hire documentation e.g. Contract Note signed by the hirer
- Copies of Identification taken at the time of the hire
- Contract Note signed by you in the case of cross hires from another hire company
- Original purchase invoice for the lost or damaged items of equipment
- Confirmation of any Police crime or log number (send this later if all other documentation is to hand)
- An appropriate estimate for repair or replacement of the equipment from yourselves or third parties as appropriate
- Any invoices for temporary or emergency costs incurred – these should only be incurred with the approval of Hallsdale Commercial Insurance Brokers Ltd
- You will be kept informed and updated on the progress of your claim by Hallsdale Commercial Insurance Brokers Ltd. Any questions you have should in the first instances should be addressed to Hallsdale Commercial Insurance Brokers Ltd.
- You should ensure that the hirer is aware of the potential value of the claim and the excess that will thus apply to the claim. They or you will be responsible for this excess value which will be deducted from any settlement payments made by Insurers.